Orders and Returns
1. Buying Products from the website.
The Website shopping pages will guide you through the steps you need to take to place an order. All orders placed through the Website constitute an offer to buy the product and are subject to acceptance by Skye Distribution (Pty) Ltd (‘Skye’, ‘us’, ‘we’, ‘our’). For Skye’s full details, please visit the ‘Terms and Conditions’ section of this website.
Before placing an order, please take note of the following:
· You must be 18 years of age or older and be a consumer i.e. an individual acting outside his or her business and not a reseller.
· If you are younger than 18 years, you must obtain your parent/guardian's permission to register for the Website and purchase Products from the Website.
· If we discover that you have misled us or you misrepresent your age, we shall be entitled to delete your account without warning, cancel your order and/or to pursue any legal remedies that Skye may have.
· To place an order, you will need an e-mail address and you need to set your browser to accept both cookies and pop-ups in order to make full use of the Website, which includes adding items to your shopping cart and checking out from our store.
Placing an order on the Website is easy, all you have to do is follow these easy steps:
- Register on the Website;
- Find the Product(s) you want;
- Add the Product(s) to your shopping cart;
- Proceed to checkout;
- Select delivery and billing options;
- Review your order;
- Execute payment to submit your order;
- Receive an online order confirmation (“Order Confirmation”).
Once we have received your order and successful payment, an automated confirmation of receipt will be displayed on the Website. Please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted or that a contract has been made. Skye will confirm acceptance to you by sending you an order confirmation via e-mail which confirms that Skye has accepted your order and that the product is ready to be processed.
An order for Products will only becoming binding on Skye when Skye sends you (“the buyer”) the order confirmation. It is suggested that you print or download your order confirmation for future reference.
Important to note that we explicitly reserve the right not to accept your order, for any reason in our sole discretion.
If your credit card has already been charged for an order that is later cancelled, Skye will issue you a refund (please refer to returns/refund policy in sections below).
The order confirmation will include the following information:
- Description of the Product ordered;
· The price of the Product ordered (including delivery and any packaging charges if applicable), including value-added tax in terms of the VAT Act, 1991 (“VAT”);
· Confirmation of the arrangement for payment, delivery and tracking details of the order;
- Details of your right to cancel the order;
- Skye’s address and contact details, and customer service reference;
- Any after-sales services and guarantees.
A binding order will relate only to those Products whose dispatch (or readiness for dispatch) Skye confirms in the order confirmation.
Skye will not be obliged to supply the remaining Products which may have been part of your order until the dispatch of such Products has been confirmed in a separate order confirmation.
We also reserve the right to cancel any order in (amongst others) the following situations, without being liable for any damage or costs where:
· The Product is not available / in stock (any payments already made will be refunded. Please refer to our returns/refund policy below);
- Your billing information is not correct or verifiable;
· Your order is flagged by our security systems as an unusual order or an order susceptible to fraud;
· Your bank transfer payment is not received within 12 calendar days after acceptance of your order;
- We have reason to believe you are under 16;
- We have reason to believe that you are a reseller;
- There was an error in the price quote;
· Delivery of the goods purchased is unsuccessful to the address provided, after 3 attempts.
2. Risk and Title
Risk in respect of ordered Products will pass to you once they have been collected from Skye’s premises by the relevant courier at the time of delivery. Ownership of the Products will only pass to you when Skye receives full payment of all sums due in respect of the Products, including delivery charges.
3. Data Check
When you send us your order, we may run some checks on it before it is fulfilled. These checks may include verifying your address, creditworthiness, and checking for fraud. You hereby consent to all such checks. As to the fraud checks: we run partly automated checks on all purchases to filter out unusual or suspect transactions, or transactions which can be identified as susceptible to fraud.
Suspected fraud on the Website will be investigated and if necessary prosecuted. By submitting your order, you agree to this.
As a contracting consumer, you have a right to cancel an order placed through the Website in accordance with the provisions of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 2002 (the “ECTA”). In terms of section 44(1) of the ECTA, you may cancel a transaction at any time from the date of the Order Confirmation up to the end of the 7th day after the day of receipt of the Product by you or the person specified by you for delivery.
In order to cancel an order, please send an email to [email protected]. We will then email you to confirm that we have received your request to cancel.
If you exercise the cancellation right, you will receive a refund of the price paid for the Products, but you will be liable for the costs of returning the Products to Skye and Skye may levy a charge for this. When exercising the cancellation right, you must return the Products to us immediately (as set out below).
You are entitled to a reasonable opportunity to inspect the Products (which will include removing them from their packaging and trying them on). At all times, you must take reasonable care of the Products and must not let them out of your possession. If you are in breach of your obligations to take reasonable care in this paragraph, Skye will have a claim against you and may deduct from the refund costs incurred by us as a result of the breach.
Details of this legal right, and an explanation of how to exercise it, are also provided in the order confirmation.
The cancellation right described in this paragraph is in addition to any other right that you might have to reject the Products, for instance because they are faulty or misdescribed as set out in section 6 below.
5. Returns policy
If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we will gladly accept your returned merchandise and refund the invoiced amount including the delivery costs (if applicable) to the card number on which the goods were purchased within 30 days of delivery.
This Policy applies to Products bought on the Website only and will be accepted without reason provided that:
· The Products are unwashed and not used in any way (you are allowed to try garments or shoes on for fit, unless we have indicated otherwise - but you cannot wear them);
· The product is in its original, undamaged packaging (a carefully opened package will not be considered damaged):
o The Product is complete: e.g. both items of a pair must be returned.
o The Product has not been tampered with.
o The Product is in its original condition.
For practical information on how to return Products, please refer to section 7.
6. Goods can be returned under the following circumstances :
6.1. Not what you ordered?
If we accidentally deliver the wrong product, colour or size to you, or if the product is not as described on the Website, please log this problem on our Website within 30 days from date of delivery, and we will collect the product from you at no charge.
· Kindly ensure that all original labels, accessories, swing tags and stickers are still attached to the product.
· Please ensure that the product is packed as per our requirements stipulated in section 7 below.
6.2. Wrong size ordered?
If you have ordered the wrong size, we will gladly accept your return provided:
· It is undamaged and unused, with the original labels, swing tags and stickers still attached.
- It is not missing any accessories.
· It is not underwear and hosiery.
You need to log a return on the Website within 30 days of delivery of the Product to you.
Please ensure that the product is packed as per our requirements stipulated in our Returns Policy above.
After 30 days we regret that we will not be able to accept your return except in respect of defective Products, as provided for below.
6.3. Defective Products
We do our best to ensure that the Products we deliver to you are of the highest quality, and without defects. Should we by error have delivered a defective product (as defined below) we will gladly accept your return and refund the invoiced amount to you.
Defective Products may only be returned within a period of 6 months from date of delivery.
When is a product defective ? A Product is defective if the following occurs:
· it contains any material imperfection in the manufacture of the Product or its components that renders the Product less acceptable than persons generally would be reasonably entitled to expect in the circumstances; or
· any characteristic of the Product or its components that renders the Product or its components less useful, practicable or safe than persons generally would be reasonably entitled to expect in the circumstances.
The following will NOT be regarded as defects and will not entitle you to return the product under this section:
- Faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
Damage arising from negligence, misuse or user abuse of the Product;
Damage arising from failure to take adequate care for the Product;
- Damage arising from alterations to the Product;
· Damage arising from failure to use the Products in accordance with the usage or care instructions that relate to the product.
· If you have received a product which has a defect (as defined above), please notify us as soon as reasonably possible after you become aware of the defect or poor quality, but in any event within 6 months after delivery of the product. Upon inspection and subject to Skye’s sole discretion, Skye may repair or replace the Product should you request same.
· You can do so by logging a return on the Website, and we will arrange to collect the product from you at no charge. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will refund you the value of the invoice.
7. How to arrange for a return on the above-mentioned Product
· Log your return on the Website clearly referring back to the original tracking number supplied;
We will respond with an automated new return request number for the parcel and once authorised, arrange for collection as per your request;
· Should the collection address be different to the address where we delivered please ensure that this is noted clearly when logging the return.
8. Preparing your Products for return
To ensure your request is processed as quickly as possible you are responsible for the following when returning your Products:
· Package your Products safely and securely for protection during transit; preferably re-cycle the carton in which the product was delivered;
· Clearly mark your parcel on the outside with the return reference number; and
· Include all documentation supplied with the product.
Failure to adhere to any of these requirements could delay the processing of your request or result in its decline altogether.
9. Refund relating to defective Products
The refund will reflect in the bank account from which the payment was received within 21 days from date of claim being processed. Should you not receive this refund kindly contact us [email protected] or telephonically on our toll-free number 0800 007 334 and we will assist with getting the refund credited to your account as speedily as possible.
When you return a Product to Skye, a refund will be issued as follows:
· Where you have validly returned a defective Product under your right of cancellation described in section 6, Skye will refund the full amount paid by you for the Product, including the cost of delivery to you. The risk of or loss of or damage to the Products will remain with you until the Products have been received by Skye.
· Defective Products: where you have validly returned a Product to Skye because it is defective or for some other reason for which Skye is responsible, Skye will inspect the Product and, where that Product is defective, either repair or replace the Product or, if not possible, refund the full amount paid by you for the Product together with any applicable delivery charges and the reasonable cost incurred by you in returning the Product.
· Other returns: where you have returned a product in circumstances other than as set out above (which includes rejecting a non-defective product outside the cancellation period), any repair, replacement or refund (in that order) will be at Skye’s discretion. If Skye does agree to provide a repair, replacement or refund, Skye will not refund the cost of delivery to you and Skye will not reimburse the cost incurred by you in returning the Product.
Skye will process any refund due to you within the deadlines below:
· if you have received the Product and Skye has not offered to collect it from you: 14 days after the day on which Skye receives the Product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the Product back to us; or
· If you have not received the Product or you have received it and Skye has offered to collect it from you: 14 days after you inform us of your decision to cancel the Contract.
Skye will refund you using the same means of payment that you used for the transaction noting that legal ownership of a Product will immediately revert to Skye if Skye refunds any such payment to you.
We are unable to facilitate exchanges at present and would thus be refunding all payment on returned goods. Should you still wish to exchange, once the refund has been processed you will then need to place a new order for the correct product.
How can I check my order status?
If you are a registered user, click here to login.
When you are logged in, go to My Account / My Orders and here you can check your order status